Fortunately, there are some ways to boost up your efficiency as a worker. Here are ten tips to fire up your efficiency at work.
1. Organize your work - A key to an efficient work day is organization. If you are familiar with the tasks, the deadlines and the requirements needed, you can see what needs to be prioritized.
2. Manage your time wisely - Keep a timetable of all your activities and requirements and follow it strictly. Dedicate big chunk of your time on the tasks you need to accomplish. Do not forget to treat yourself with ample rest from work.
3. Create deadlines and follow them strictly - When you have already identified your priorities, give yourself a deadline for each requirements and impose them strictly. It is extremely important to condition yourself in following deadlines because it motivates you to work. Deadlines also help you accomplish more things given a limited time.
4. Use your break time efficiently - An efficient worker understands that a day in the office should not be all work. Having a break helps you recharge.
5. Avoid multi-tasking - Doing several things at a time will get you to nowhere. Try to focus on one requirement and dedicate your energy to it.
6. Manage your interpersonal relationship with your teammates - A good working relationship among your teammates results to efficiency and productivity. Keep an open communication so that if there is a problem within the team you can address it as quickly as possible.
7. Ask for regular feedback from your seniors, bosses - Track your performance by asking feedback from your seniors. An effective feedback can be useful to improve your work ethics. If possible, utilize various software for human resource to assess your productivity.
8. Plan ahead - A great output needs detailed and effective planning. Practice planning the things you need to accomplish ahead of time and make sure to come up with several back-up plans in case something happens.
9. Learn to say no - It pays to say no to a commitment or another task that you think is not possibly doable because of your existing tasks. Contrary to general sentiments, learning to say no is not a bad attitude. In fact, it is staying true to your priorities.
10. Familiarize yourself with various softwares for human resource - Most companies utilize hr software to manage different aspects of work. If used effectively with other business software applications, it can help focus the goals of everyone to the main goal of the company on to operational success.